Wednesday, November 4, 2015

1st Blog Post on Magazine Project

     For this class, AICE Media Studies, there are two projects to choose from one is creating a magazine the other is creating a film. The magazine project is an interesting and very creative project. The whole idea is to create and design a trendy magazine that is different than the magazines out there now. For this project I would have to write an article/interview, but I'm not sure of my writing abilities. My writing abilities aren't the worst but I feel they could be improved. As the interviewing goes I have done it before and know I can be a friendly interviewer while making people feel comfortable but I just get nervous about asking questions. The key I guess is just to try my best and be very prepared and practice, just know what I'm doing like the journalist in the films we have watched so far. Designing and creating a trendy magazine might pose a problem as well. Even though design might not be as big a problem as creating a different type of magazine. Design might be a strong suit in this case but I like to make sure I list all possible problems while making an important choice. I would like to create a new type of magazine but I want it to be interesting and entertaining as well. The most popular magazines are the gossip or entertainment magazines. I personally enjoy reading this types of magazines and I've noticed other people my age tend to gravitate towards this types of magazines too. So the problem is, how can I create a new magazine that is attractive to many different types of demographics but is still a fun, creative, entertaining magazine? The plus on this magazine project is I would have lots of creative ideas towards the design. I tend to like to design things and they usually turn out pretty well. Choosing fonts and colors that are bold and appeal to people could be the reason all different types of ages would reach for this magazine. Graphics and pictures always make a magazine better taking pictures and including them in my magazine would be an easy and fun thing to do. The graphics, colors, and fonts could make the magazine trendy and up to date making it an interesting and popular magazine to read. There are many negatives and positives to this magazine project but I'll have to keep an open mind about which project I would be the best at creating, with the skills and abilities I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment